Saturday, August 1, 2009

We are ready and waiting!

This is my 36 week picture and the last picture that I will take until I am leaving to go to the hospital! It is so exciting thinking that the next picture on my camera will be me right before I am going to deliver and then it will be of our baby after she has come into the world. This has been the craziest experience with the best ups and downs that I have ever had. I hope that I can endure these last two weeks. I was hoping to get induced at 39 weeks. I am super nervous about going into labor and being home alone or even just at home when my water breaks because average time to the hospital is about 45 mins, but it depends on traffic and what time of day it is. I want an epidural so I am nervous about getting to the hospital in time. So I would like to be induced at 39 weeks which is next friday but I am only dialated to a 1 so I am so far not favorable. They told me at my last appointment that I may have to go all the way to my due date. I have been walking stairs for 20mins three times a night while I am at work and going for long walks but they haven't helped. I hope that my body starts to progress a little more this next week but we will see. These are picutes of the nursery that is finished and the last picture is of our bassinet. My dad made it when my mom was pregnant for the first time so everyone in my family has been in it and my sister has used it for her kids and I think that even some of my cousins have used it when they were babies so it is very special to us and we are grateful to have such a meaningful item for our baby to sleep in. The next post will hopefully be after I have delivered! See ya then!







7 comments:

The Olson Gang said...

OHHHH!!!!! So CUTE!!! LOVE IT!!!! And we LOVE you too!!! We are so excited for you! We can hardly wait as well! All these baby girls! Don't over do it - because sometimes that only causes you more pain... and gets you no-where... trust me! :) Just enjoy the next few days, weeks - whatever they turn to be - because I promise... you're gonna miss this too! :) All the stages are so fun! Keep us posted!!! We better hear about your next appt.... :)

LOVE YOU!

Kara's Party Ideas said...

cant, cant, cant, cant, wait!!!!!!! i'm sure it's worse for you, though! :) hehe! let me know if you need ANYTHING!!! and don't worry, you'll be able to get an epideral in time.

Anonymous said...

The room is way cute!!! I am so excited for you!!!

Liberty Elementary PTA said...

Cute, cute room! I'm sorry I couldn't make it to your baby shower. I can't wait to see the cute little gal when she gets here though! Good luck with everything! :)

Des said...

Sorry, Whitney that last comment was from me. You're probably going "Who the heck is Liberty Elementary?" Just my crazy life. I was signed into the other account. Later! :)-Des

Laura said...

I love your nursery, it's darling! So exciting... any day now!!! Looks like you are more than ready to have her!

Kayla W. said...

What a cute baby room! I wish we could paint in our place :( Don't worry about not making it to the hospital in time.. first babies take their sweet little time. And you probably will go at least to your due date :( BUT, your friend is right. You will miss being pregnant, so enjoy the last few days!!! Good luck!