Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Paisley Belle Fowlks






So it all started on Wednesday night. I had a Dr. appointment on Thursday and I was hoping big time that I would be able to schedule my induction so on Wednesday I went and got my hair done and pedicures with my sisters and mom it was fabulous. On Thursday at my appointment the Dr. said that I was still only dialated to a 1. I went home sad. I worked my last two shifts on Friday and Saturday night and on Sunday afternoon we head into Salt Lake for dinners with families. We went to Jordan's parents first then to my parents and ate huge dinners. I then was feeling super crampy and I thought it was just because of all the food I ate but as we paid more attention we realized that I was having very distinct pain coming and going about every 6-7 minutes, so we headed into the hospital. At the hospital I was only dialated to a 2 so they gave me a shot of morphine and sent me home. We went home and I completely zonked out until 4:30 am I woke up in horrible pain having contractions every 3 minutes or so. We went back into the hospital and I was then dialated to a 4 so they admitted me and started my IV and my epidural and I was happy. The epidural was amazing. So to make the rest of the story short I layed in the bed for hours and hours and barely progressed at all. At around 3pm Paisley's heart rate started dropping with the contractions and they got worried. Her heart rate continued to get worse and I still wasn't progressing. THey let me know that if I didn't progress fast sometime soon I might have to have a c-section. Finally at about 5pm I went from being a 6 to complete and ready to push. I pushed for 20 mins and she was here. It wasn't that bad but it was still scary. The cord was wrapped around her shoulder and she came out face up, which the Dr let me know is equivalent to pushing out a baby 2 lbs bigger! But everything went great! She is now doing amazing and is so beautiful! I can't believe the miracles and everything that happened to get this baby here and I am so grateful to have her now. We love her more than anything! Here are some pics from everything. We just took our newborn pics today so I will load those on here when I get them, it will probably be about a week til I get them though. Welcome Paisley Belle!

9 comments:

The Olson Gang said...

YES!! She is BEAUTIFUL!!! Good job mom & dad! We are so very happy for you!!!! Can't wait to hold her! and SQUEEZE her!!!! MMMMM - she is yummy!!! Glad everything worked out - Miracles they are -true miracles! And wonderful blessings! WELCOME Paisley! Rest while you can mom! :)

LOVE YOU ALL!!!

Lisa Best said...

Whitney, she is so beautiful! I am so happy to hear that both she & you are doing well! Congratulations! :)

Anonymous said...

She is adorable!!! I am glad everything is well. :)

natalie j. + richard a. said...

She is so beautiful! Congratulations!!! I'm so glad that the both of you are doing well! I can't wait to see the newborn pictures!

Laura said...

Congrats again! I can't wait to see the newborn pictures too!

Josh & Leslie Warner said...

LOOK AT THAT HAIR! I can't wait to meet her. She is so cute. Congrats!

Natalie Weiler said...

Yea congratulations you guys!! :) Im so excited for you, she is adorable

Kerryne said...

Awwww you guys she is gorgeous! I can't wait to meet her and snuggle her. My kids love the pictures... they both oooooo'ed and ahhhhh'ed over them and now they think I need to have another one. HA! Love you guys!

Peyton and Jayce said...

I think she is perfect! Nice work Whit (and Jord)