Thursday, December 3, 2009

A New Season in Our Life

So tonight is my last night of work. I am actually trying to live out the last hour and a half. Jordan and I have thought long and hard and have come to the conclusion that we make more money with me not working and him being available to pick up extra shifts. It was a hard decision to make, and I am scared, sad, happy, excited, and nervous all at the same time. It is hard for me to realize a life without working but I am excited to get more involved in our neighborhood, church activities, and obviously raising Paisley. I have had a full time job since I was 15 years old and I never once said to myself that I wanted to be a stay at home mom. I always thought it would be fun but I never felt like I could quit working and rely completely on someone else for everything. I think it will take some time to get used to and I hope I don't go completely crazy but I am actually excited for this new season of our lives. I hope to take up new hobbies and develop my old ones a little more that I now have the time to. So this is for me more than anything so that I can have a written list of some things I want to learn and do since I am no longer employed. Things to do:
-practice the piano and start teaching lessons by next summer
-learn how to make bows/headbans and beanies
-start up a regular exercise program
-get my social life back! :) (I'm excited about this one! Please call me to help me get this back!)
-Budget money and use my time wisely to find good deals/coupons ect to help with the income

I think that should do for now! I am excited to start this new way of life. I am sad to leave my job, I actually liked working and I hope that once I am done with school I can go back and work at least one or two days a week. If anyone is looking for a night job let me know and I can reccommend you to my manager cuz they are looking for someone to replace me. This is a bitter sweet moment as I am in my last hour of work for a few years but I am so excited to have this chance to raise my daughter and give her the attention and support that she needs from me! This is all for her! Wish me luck here I go!

I AM OFFICIALLY AN UNEMPLOYED FULL TIME MOMMY!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's funny how people who don't really talk about being a full time mom become one and one's who do talk about work full time. lol. My husband and I have talked about me being a stay at home mom, but yet I am working full time. lol

Laura said...

I think that it is awesome that you are going to be a stay at home mom! Mason and I can't wait until I get to be a stay at home mom. We're just waiting to finally get done with school.

Kayla W. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kayla W. said...

I have considered starting working again to help out with the never ending bills. Can you tell me about the available position? 801.230.1867 You can call or text. Thanks!

Kerryne said...

You are going to LOVE it... in about six months to a year, ha ha ha! I know it is hard at first I was the same as you but honestly I would cry if I had to go back to work and both of my kids are in school, LOLOLOL! ENJOY IT girl!

As far as your plans:

1. Peyton can be your first student :) He really wants to take Piano lessons.
2. BOWS... if I ever move back we can make them together.. I am addicted :)
3. If you need any tips on a routine you know how to reach me :)
4. getting your social life back is the BEST part.
5. when you figure out the budgeting LET ME IN ON IT :) I am not so great at that one!

Love you guys... give that chunky monkey a big smooch for me

Lisa Best said...

I am way happy for you. That will be really nice to get to be with your little one all the time :)