Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Make Sure You Keep Your Reciets!
So a few days ago I stopped by Fed-Ex and explained that I wanted to have some labels made with my name and adress on them. I needed to send out wedding shower invitations for my soon to be sister-in-law's shower that next morning and didn't want to write my return address on them all. So the lady helping me get everything made up in the computer and informs me that they will not be done til late that night.(How long does it take to print one page of labels?) Anyways I said that I was just going to have to pick them up in the morning on my way in because I was not staying in Salt Lake that late. She then informs me that the total comes to $16.40! For one page of labels! Again I calmed myself and asked why. Well it cost 15.00 to make the program to print the labels and then 0.50 cents per page. She then tells me that she will give me the program so that if I ever need labels again I can bring in the CD and I won't have to pay the $15.00 again. This made me happy. She then asks me if I want to pay right now or when I pick them up. I agree to pay right now and pay with my Visa card. I signed on the machine and the receit printed with my huge scribbly signature on it. I laugh at it and go to the car to go home. The next morning I am driving in and I stop at the gas station to get a drink and doughnut for breakfast. I come back out to the car to realize that I have a missed call. It was from Fed-ex telling me that I have my printed labels ready for me to pick up. I then drive to the store and walk in. A middle-aged aggitated lady is behind the counter helping someone. When it is my turn I tell her that I have some labels to pick up under my name and the lady replies, "You were supposed to pick these up last night!" I explain to her that I was going to pick them up in the morning. She then says, "Well I called you this morning and you didn't answer your phone!" Seriously she has to be kidding.....nope! I tell her sorry I went into the gas station to get a drink. She then goes and gets my labels with a moody hugh. She brings them back and says, "Ok that will be $16.40." I explain to her that I already paid for them. She then says, "Well it doesn't say that you did" I say, "Um well I did pay for them", She says, "Well how do I know that cuz it says you didn't do you have your receit?", I am getting really frustrated by this time not only because it is early morning but I am dealing with some lady who must be going through metapose. So I say, "No I don't usually keep my receits and I sure know that I am not paying for this again!" She then decides to take things up with the manager and leaves, she comes back a few minutes later and says that they can look it up with the card I used so I explain that I used a Visa. She then leaves and 5 or so minutes she comes back and says, "We don't have any record of you paying for this", I then say that I will go check my car for the receit as a last chance. So I go to my car and by some miracle there is the receit in my cup holder! I take it in proudly and she says, "Honey that is not a receit that is a claim check!" Seriously I am about to rob the freakin store at this point! I say, "This is my receit! It has the amount and my freakin signature at the bottom!" She says, "Well how do I know that this isn't a fake receit?" Seriously? Like I have a little fake receit maker in my car? What the heck? So I say, "You know what take that up with your manager but I am taking my labels and leaving!" She then says hold on and goes back to the managers office. She then comes back and says, "Well I guess this is a real receit so you are free to go". I practically ran out the door. I was so frustrated. Anyways so 1st lesson: Don't wake up early in the morning and if you do don't try to do anything productive. 2nd Lesson: Don't go to Fed-ex on Friday mornings aroung 9am. 3rd Lesson: Keep all your receits!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
oh my heck!!! what the phyco lady??!! i would have been so mad!!!!
thank you for all the effort - the invitations look great and everyone loves them!!!
-the soon-to-be-sister-in-law
Ha ha. I love how fisty you got with the crabby lady! Thanks for providing an entertaining me with that story.
I meant thanks for entertaing me with that story or thanks for providing me with entertainment for this ugly monday morning :(
HEY! That same thing happened to me - only the charged me TWICE and it took a complete act of congress to get them to credit the 2nd "charged in error" back! RIDICULOUS!!! Haven't been to a FED-EX since! I was printing pictures - so it was pretty spendy - like $45 - and then to charge me twice for them - I was irritated! I got the same thing - well, how do we know that you didn't "create" a second charge on your account! OH MY GOSH!! I brought in my bank statement - like I just have extra bank letterhead floatin' around the house.... HONESTLY!!! You've got to watch those there people!
Hope all goes well with the shower! You are just too cute!
Love you guys!
HEY - what's the Thanksgiving plans this year? Watch your email - k?
Post a Comment